Unemployed Philosophers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a good quote from "Anustotle"? Join the unemployed Philosophers club

+7
Shahn213
tori22
ranger1a2b
PKTwister
popstick
Torchibusken
Admin
11 posters

Newest Question

Torchibusken
    Torchibusken

Newest Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Question

Post  Torchibusken Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:46 am

ok, this is my answer for the next question...and by the way don't get off topic unless you also answer the question...

I think human consumption has tripled because of the increasing fast foods today, and our increasing impatience. Fast foods and gross stuff are quick, tasty, and available. People think it's just too expensive to buy real food and eat it, and they're not getting enough exercise either. Here's evidence:Newest Question - Page 2 Baconnaise
    werewolf555
    werewolf555

Post  werewolf555 Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:05 am

Torchibusken wrote:ok, this is my answer for the next question...and by the way don't get off topic unless you also answer the question...

I think human consumption has tripled because of the increasing fast foods today, and our increasing impatience. Fast foods and gross stuff are quick, tasty, and available. People think it's just too expensive to buy real food and eat it, and they're not getting enough exercise either. Here's evidence:Newest Question - Page 2 Baconnaise

A: we are not entirely to blame for the pig in human consumption, greed and the founder of fast food is to blame 4 that, so we must Basketball bounce more lol!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:20 am

But even though the they started the fast food resturaunts, we concesly choose to eat there.
    werewolf555
    werewolf555

Post  werewolf555 Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:15 am

that's because it is injected with hormines and some people are so poor so that they can only afford that junk
    Shahn213
    Shahn213

Post  Shahn213 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:27 pm

I'ts called food stamps
    Torchibusken
    Torchibusken

Post  Torchibusken Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:13 am

yeah but if you're poor and you have a choice between feeding 3 out of 4 kids with crap and 2 out of 4 with healthy, good food, you'll porobably choose to get the most food, even if it is unhealthy. Since we are all Dalton kids and our parents make sure we eat relatively heallthy stuff, it's hard to imagine that poor people would have no choice, but they really do.
    Shahn213
    Shahn213

Post  Shahn213 Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Uhhhhh it's not hard at all for me to imagine it
    werewolf555
    werewolf555

Post  werewolf555 Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Shahn213 wrote:I'ts called food stamps

??? the coupons for food stamps are for decent food ???
    lol santa jocolor farao geek
    werewolf555
    werewolf555

Post  werewolf555 Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:Who would win in an epic battle and how

A-rod

Power Rangers STD emergency team

Your pet

King of the hobos

A smiley alien

smiley, duh, what is wrong with you people?
    ranger1a2b
    ranger1a2b

Post  ranger1a2b Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:57 am

King of the hobos

He would gather his army of hobos and defeat everyone
    tori22
    tori22

Post  tori22 Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Torchibusken wrote:ok, this is my answer for the next question...and by the way don't get off topic unless you also answer the question...

i misunderstand da gross part......................... but ur wrong also about da fast food thing cuz people eat it cuz its tasty period, like me. baconaise, dat is wat u would call gross.... ive never even heard of dat....
    tori22
    tori22

Post  tori22 Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:42 pm

ok, u guys have it wrong. a lot of people dont eat at fast food cuz dey cant afford any other food. dey eat dere cuz dey think its good! why? cuz it IZ! sure, there r few people who cant afford anything else and dats why dey eat there, but at the same time, not dat many! why, cuz den there would be alot less people starving because u can get 4 mcnuggets for 25 cents and also u can get a small-size chicken at KFC for 50 cents! U guys think dat people below poverty level only eat fast food but dey really dont, dey can eat decent food, using a FOOD STAMP, WHICH DOESNT GIVE PEOPLE FAST FOOD BUT CAN GIVE PEOPLE DECENT FOOD, WHY, CUZ IT HAS $800 EVERY MONTH! and fast food probably doesnt except food stamps anyway. Poeple, such as myself, eat there cuz we arent so sensitive for our health. I once read in the times that More RICH people in fact eat at fast food more than poor, cuz its cheeper. now i could go on but i already am at the level where i'm starting a rant so um yeah booya.
    tori22
    tori22

Post  tori22 Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:30 pm

sorry if i sounded mean bout dat im not trying to rant or anything im just argueing to argue i guess

oh yeah, i know im not supposed to ask in this topic, but who is rooge?
    Torchibusken
    Torchibusken

Post  Torchibusken Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:04 am

ok...it seems that I didn't entirely know what I was talking about, but I maintain that poor people don't eat super heathly all the time.

rooj is henry woods.
    tori22
    tori22

Post  tori22 Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:45 am

oh hi henry

and yes u r rite bout that poor people dont exactly get to eat healthy foods

so now, we still need an answer to dis q! any ideas any1?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Newest Question - Page 2 Empty New Q Sunday March 8th 2009

Post  Admin Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Is it morally right/wrong to try to achieve peace through violence? Such as killing the ones who are preventing peace.

Sorry, I'll do a more comical Q. later I just thought this would be a interesting one.

COMMENCING KING OF THE HILL!! not on this forum though...
    Shahn213
    Shahn213

Post  Shahn213 Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Peace can only be acheived through pain, You have to know pain feel pain... Sorry Im in a naruto mood cuz I just read the new manga. but in all seriousness Pain from Naruto is right... When you know true pain you will never try to cause it... So yes violence can cause peace. The morals of it are questionable but it's still peace
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Shahn just went all emo
    werewolf555
    werewolf555

Post  werewolf555 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Shahn213 wrote:Peace can only be acheived through pain, You have to know pain feel pain... Sorry Im in a naruto mood cuz I just read the new manga. but in all seriousness Pain from Naruto is right... When you know true pain you will never try to cause it... So yes violence can cause peace. The morals of it are questionable but it's still peace

naruto copy much?
    tori22
    tori22

Post  tori22 Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Admin wrote:Is it morally right/wrong to try to achieve peace through violence? Such as killing the ones who are preventing peace.

Sorry, I'll do a more comical Q. later I just thought this would be a interesting one.

COMMENCING KING OF THE HILL!! not on this forum though...
    of course havnt u pepes read the bible! lol jk but actually yes that was in the bible so yes it is. however, it depends on what ur concept of peace is, and if u really r just fighting for peace, or fighting for power. (watchmen copy/gundam copy/full metal alchemist copy/ avatar copy/ all other good moral shows copy)
    ranger1a2b
    ranger1a2b

Post  ranger1a2b Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:10 pm

to state it plainly it is wrong. But there r times when people feel they have to achieve it through violence. I think in all there r other ways to achieve peace but people think violence is the only way
    Torchibusken
    Torchibusken

Post  Torchibusken Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:19 pm

well, that's a very interesting philosophical question...with it we kind of get into the question of "do the ends justify the means?" In some places I feel that they do. ( remember that this is MY opinion...not the truth ) Like, if you needed to kill a tyrant to save the lives of 100,000 people, it would probably be OK. However, what if you had to kill 2 evil people to save one good one? What are they worth?

Getting back to the question at hand, peace through violence is sometimes neccesary, and sometimes not. A follow-up might be: Would your violence beget violence? as in if you killed a tyrant, maybe his followers would strike back at you. Since completely peaceful societies are very hard to have, there have to be solutions to solve peace, like discussion or trade. However,
    violence is sadly sometimes necessary.
    werewolf555
    werewolf555

Post  werewolf555 Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:03 am

Torchibusken wrote:well, that's a very interesting philosophical question...with it we kind of get into the question of "do the ends justify the means?" In some places I feel that they do. ( remember that this is MY opinion...not the truth ) Like, if you needed to kill a tyrant to save the lives of 100,000 people, it would probably be OK. However, what if you had to kill 2 evil people to save one good one? What are they worth?

Getting back to the question at hand, peace through violence is sometimes neccesary, and sometimes not. A follow-up might be: Would your violence beget violence? as in if you killed a tyrant, maybe his followers would strike back at you. Since completely peaceful societies are very hard to have, there have to be solutions to solve peace, like discussion or trade. However,

however, we all read The Giver remember that, there was no violence, and only one person had to "suffer" the burden of all those memories. Sleep
    tori22
    tori22

Post  tori22 Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Torchibusken wrote:well, that's a very interesting philosophical question...with it we kind of get into the question of "do the ends justify the means?" In some places I feel that they do. ( remember that this is MY opinion...not the truth ) Like, if you needed to kill a tyrant to save the lives of 100,000 people, it would probably be OK. However, what if you had to kill 2 evil people to save one good one? What are they worth?

Arman, if the giver really said that, then it's probably the worst type of philosophy in history (no offense im just saying, unless if the guy is like getting mugged, that's a pretty bad idea) . As for mack, i agree, u shudnt kill them. HOWEVER, THAT DEPENDS! if the two evil guys are trying to murder the one good person, and u just happened to have a gun in ur hand, then u SHUD SAVE THE PERSON WITH VIOLENCE!!!!!!!! if the person is just getting beaten up maybe, then just walk away. Or, if the person is like ur friend or something, then u can use violence, but not by killing the guy, but by using ur fists.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Newest Question - Page 2 Empty New Q Wenesday March 11 2009

Post  Admin Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:41 am

What's better Pirates or Ninjas ... OR a hobo

Why

If they fought who would win?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am